Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Guitar Pick Sorter

Father's Day

Finally a day that I get to show my husband just how much I love him and what a wonderful father he is.  I thought I would do something special that has to do with one of his passions.  My husband is avid guitar player and  I thought how nice it would be to make him something that would keep handy all the little things one needs when playing guitars. I don't know about anyone else with this hobby, but we tend to have little  guitar picks laying around everywhere.  This is where this project was born.



I first took wooden fleur de lis bought at hobby lobby and painted it first with black paint and then went over it with a coat of gold.  I then attached old baby food jars with hose clamps bought at the local hardware store.  The final product was something my husband could use to keep guitar picks, screw drivers, pens, etc handy at all times and in a place where he could always find it.  

Just in case he didn't like this though, I did purchase him tickets to go see the Braves in Atlanta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment