Friday, February 14, 2014

Princess Party

For my little girl’s second birthday, I scoured the internet for princess ideas for the party. It was important to me for her to have a great second birthday because we are about to enter into the time of her life where she will actually start remembering some of the things we do.  I feel like up in till now it was about us forming memories but now it is about her memories and what she will remember.  I have hopes that this birthday maybe one of those memories for her. 


For her first birthday I made little fleece owl cozies and they were a big hit with the kids.


I wanted to make some more this year but I decided to make them better by crocheting them.  Since it was a princess birthday this year, I crochet little crowns to go on them.


After I finished make the cozies, I moved onto birthday hats for the kids.  I found a website online that offered patterns for fleece birthday crowns. I thought that this would be perfect and fun for her friends.  I knew that there would be some boys that came as well so I got to designing boy crowns to go along with the princess crowns.  I tried to channel King Arthur and what kind of crown he would wear. To go with the crowns, I made magical wands and knightly swords. 


Another take away for the kids that I did was to make this cute little kissing booth.  In case you can’t tell, the shoes are filled with Hershey kisses.


What party doesn’t need a game?  I knew that most of the kids at the party would be too young to do a complicated game.  I decided to take an old favorite, pin the tail on the donkey and make it into a felt board that the kids could enjoy. I also changed it to pin a kiss on the frog in order to stay with the theme of princesses. It was a good game to have because there were also older cousins there that we were able to be blind fold so they could play in a more traditional manner.    


While I was deciding on what all the decorations should be, I got to thinking about how blah all the cabinets looked. I wanted a way to cover them and make them a bit more festive. I was looking around the internet and found all these tulle table cloths and thought if I could figure out something like that, it would be perfect.  I ended up buying 10yds of pink tulle and cutting it into thin stripes. I then tied them onto precut string and formed a tutu covering for my bottom cabinets. This was very tedious work, but in the end I was very happy with the result. I wish I had figured a way to fasten it to bottom of the cabinets better than tape. I had to refasten it several times in certain places. I was hesitant to tack it but that would probably have led to better results. 




All in all I think my little girl and all her guest had a very magical evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment