Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hair Bow Lamp



I wish I could take credit for this project but I found this idea on pinterest but I made it my own.   I started by striping the fabric off a lampshade and then taking some steel wool in order to strip all of the fabric glue off the metal.  I ended up getting my lampshade at goodwill where I could get a lampshade for two dollars vs going to a store and spending 10 dollars or more.  The fabric was unimportant to me since it was just going to be ripped. It was more important to find a lampshade that had a good solid frame.  After that, I painted all the metal on the lampshade and the lamp with a rose pink paint and varnish.  Then it was just a matter of hot gluing my ribbon. I put two ribbons per section of the lampshade and an orange ruffle ribbon on the bottom of the shade.  I’m so happy with the end results and it just shows that pinterest projects can go right!

No comments:

Post a Comment