Monday, February 24, 2014

Under the Sea Felt Board



I did this cute felt board for my daughter for Valentines Day.  I'm all about the made with love gifts, especially on days like Valentines Day.  No don't get my wrong, I'm completely in love with the box of chocolates that I get as well but it is a day to help remind the ones we love that we do love them, even when said two year old repetitively tells me they don't want to be my Valentine (she did change her mind immediately once she found out presents were involved).

First off I made my own felt board using part of a cardboard box and hot gluing felt around it. I'm always looking for a way to use up cardboard boxes since where I live, they do not recycle them.  It feels like such a waste to just throw away something like that.

I don't know why it amazes me as much as it does that you do not need anything to make the pieces stay up on the felt board.  The felt just naturally sticks to other felt though sometimes you do have the buff the pieces a little bit just to help them stick a little better.

I found a similar felt board online but it was on someone else's blog that spoke another language and because of that there was no real instructions. I did look at the picture they posted and cut out similar shapes.  I find for me, it is much easier to hand stitch the pieces together than it is to sew them with sewing machine. I give mad props to the people that can do it with the machines but for me it just turns out to be one huge mess.  Doing it by hand also gives me something to keep my hands busy at night when I am sitting on the couch with my husband after a long day.   I hope you all enjoy my yellow submarine and here is a 2 page template so that you can make one of your own. Page 1 and Page 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment